Sunday, October 4, 2015

"She Sings," Life Book & Other Such Adventures . . .

"She Sings" 30 x 40

"My imagination can picture no fairer happiness than to continue living for art." 
- Clara Schumannf


I'm covered in paint. Neons mainly, but charcoal, grey and a lotta white have made their way up my arms (feet and an unfortunate spill on what will now be another "painting skirt") as well, making me feel rather proud that I've finally taken the time to slap some paint around again. But I ramble. . . .

I should start here: you may recall this post in which I shared the beginnings of what I was calling the  biggest "palette cleaner" ever. In a nutshell, one day many many moons ago (well okay, February) I decided to throw a large (30 x 40) canvas on the floor of my studio and just leave it there while I went about creating my little heart out. Instead of cleaning my brushes and palette knifes on a piece of paper or an art journal like I normally would, I decided to try my hand at a big ole abstract, and use the large canvas as my catchall instead. What resulted was many, many (I did say many, yeah?) layers of collage and color that was added over the course of several months. 

A house renovation (still in process, but almost complete) & a birthday party for a little girl I know who's now somehow a decade old (ugh, it's all going so fast!) was the impetus for my getting my act tougher and finally finishing it. Although I've never actually put a piece of my own art in my home, this one made the cut, and is now proudly displayed - neons and all - on my dining room wall. Wanna see the details? Yes? Okay, here we go:

(30 x 40 So yeah, really big)










And here's the final result . . . .



Oh! And in other incredibly exciting news, my main Life Book lesson goes up this week! 

(sneeky-peeky) 

If you're taking it, I do hope you'll enjoy yourself and I can't wait to see what you do! 

Until next time.
Colorful Kisses, 
Kristin xo

12 comments:

Fallingladies said...

Love the little pieces of bubble gum wrapper in there! So cool!

Christine said...

It's a beautiful colourful final result!

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks great! Hugs, Valerie

sue :) said...

Love your huge art project, the colours are wonderful and combined with the extra additions of wrappings and text make abrilliant work of art. x

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

so so Beautiful!!

Mary Ann Potter said...

I love the sweet details here. This is, of course, a work of love!

OracleGaia said...

Love this piece. The colours make me happy!

Linda Kunsman said...

this is so full of joy and happy- I LOVE it!!!

Terri Corona said...

Good for you, finally displaying your own art! It is definitely display-worthy for sure!

Valerie said...

Good idea!
LOVE the final result of your canvas ;-)

K J D said...

You've been busy..... a girl can never have too many painting skirts??? ;)

I'm loving your Life Book lesson..... It was nice to see you! (I bought the book you mentioned for Livi for Christmas btw)

so far I've written to myself)and started getting messy with my paints......

I'm loving your colourful canvases.... I bet they look beautiful in your home.

and last but not least, happy birthday to Kendra :)

Karen x

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a gorgeous and very happy work of art! I love it!